Face and Body – Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize
Nicole Tan | On 31, Jan 2015
Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize
Many people underestimate the importance of moisturizing and what it can do for the skin. Hydrated skin stays more youthful and supple. But first, prep the skin for moisturizing by proper cleansing and regular exfoliation. A few tips:
- Make regular visits to the dermatologist to check the state of your skin. It costs a bit but in the long run is worth the money.
- Don’t wash with hot water as it strips away the oils necessary for soft smooth skin. My dermatologist advises washing the face with lukewarm water.
- Don’t exfoliate your skin on a daily basis as this also strips away the natural oils on the face.
- The best time to moisturize your body is just as you are coming out of the shower. That is when the pores are open and moisturizer can trap some of the moisture remaining from the shower.
- You do not need to spend a lot of money on moisturizers; a product like baby oil should be good enough to get your skin moisturized but be sure to use enough to cover all of your skin.
Stay tuned for our weekly Medhatter’s tips on Face & Body.
– See more at: http://www.medhatter.sg/content/face-and-body-moisturize-moisturize-moisturize#sthash.AjR2Yzcr.dpuf