Don’t leave home without …
Ella Tan | On 05, Jan 2015
Frequent travelers never leave home without exactly what they need – no more, no less. The fussy will pack their own toiletries, but if you’re staying in decent hotels and can use any shampoo and soap, you can lighten your load considerably by not carrying a bunch of little bottles.
Besides skincare and deodorant, as well as essentials like soaking solution for contact lens wearers, here’s what else you should carry.
- A safety whistle can be lifesaver and takes up little space. You’ll be thankful you have one on you in case of an emergency.
- A mini flashlight for possible black-outs that happen ever so frequently in some countries. It’s also handy for when you drop something in the plane and don’t want to turn on the overhead light.
- Basic medication – only as an adult did I understand why my dad packed an array of medications on every trip. Falling ill is a reality, so have meds for fever, rashes, food poisoning, allergies, and especially prescribed medicine if you need it along with a doctor’s letter in case of problems.
- Wet wipes and tissue packs are useful everywhere.
- Universal power adapters as you might not be able to charge your phone, tablet or camera in countries with a different plug type.